Thursday, October 16, 2008

compiling google-glog in XCode

google-glog - Google Code

I decided to take google-glog for a test spin by compiling a simple "Hello, World" program using XCode. Being a little new to XCode it was a good exercise in figuring out how to configure my project to find the headers and the dylib to l ink with. Here are my notes.

1. Building and installing google-glog of course results in the libraries and headers ending up in /usr/local. For me XCode did not pick up anything in /usr/local by default so I added these paths under Project Settings: Library Search Paths and User Headers Search Paths.

2. After that I added libglog.dylib to Targets | Link Binary with Libraries.

3. By default google-glog places the log files into /tmp. The docs explain how to configure log file location, etc.

My next step is to see if I can link and use google-glog with an XPCOM project I am working on to aid in debugging.

No comments: